Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gearing up for breeding season 2008-2009 ...

The rams are becoming impatient! The ewes are becoming little tarts. If I can only hold them off one more week - just one!! Tomorrow I section off the large pen, making two secure breeding pens. I have four in total, should be a busy lambing season if all goes well. I'm excited to see the possibilities that will be produced with my two mature and two yearling rams. The rams I presented in my last post. Now, I present the breeding ewes: (with a few changes from the originial post!)

"Willie's" breeding line up:



Fibre Works Falerno (in the foreground)


Fibre Works Fiat




Fibre Works Easter


Fibre Works Highwood


Rex's breeding line up:


This girl is a Shetland/Finn/Gotland Mix
(a slight change in the breedeing groups!)


Milehaus Britta


Fibre Works ISP "Issy"


Indiana Jone's breeding line up:


Mtn. Niche Heidi


Milehaus Beatrix
(This gal was in Rex's group, but I felt the need to breed her with Indiana)



Nier Lakes 315405977 AI "Baker"




Isidor's Breeding line up:



Milehaus lamb



Fibre Works Fonteyn


Fibre Works Eureka
(slight change for this gal, she was with Indiana's group but for some reason I felt the need to more her to Isidor's group.)


With 3 changes in the breeding groups, it was a good thing I had one week until moving them!!
I wasn't going to breed any lamb ewes this year, but this girl and the Shetland/Finn/Gotland mix ewe are plenty large enough and I cannot wait to see what they produce.

No comments: