Thursday, May 7, 2009

5 more in 18 hours!!

Wednesday night I knew that my ewe was in labour. 11:00 p.m. came and went and she was still in labour. I took a nap knowing that it would be in the wee hours when she delivered and I was right. Just before 2:00 a.m. I found these two jet black ram lambs just born! They got dried off and booted into the Nursery pen and they are all doing well.

Fibre Works Falerno X Whistlestop 0531 AI (Willie)

The goal with this pairing was to get a crimply jet black fleece
free of white fibres.

I came home from work yesterday, cooked supper then went to give the
ewes their "snack". It's light here until 10:00 p.m. none of the sheep know
why I don't give them more food. It's light afterall!! So, I've taken to
giving them their hay twice a day. This seems to be working well with
all the sheep. They are never without food and they are not
over conditioned! Anyhow, behold in the shelter there was
my Fiat with triplet ram lambs!!

I've been Fiat's pesonal massage therapist for the
past week and a half! I've been waiting for these lambs.


Fibre Works Fiat X Whistlestop 0531 AI (Willie)


14 lambs on the ground from 7 ewes with 6 left to go!!


1 comment:

mallt said...

The black & white one looks like a mini calf :)